Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What's in a name?



"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows." Psalm 23:5

When seeking to find a good, strong name for this blog, I was praying about what the blog would actually be used for. This blog, to me, is meant to be a documentary of a journey. A compilation of life, love and everything in between. 
 On October 2o, 2012, God joined my husband Brad and I together in marriage. Before marriage, God placed a monumental calling on our lives to live out our faith through parenting. Now, seeing as how I am only 24 and he is 26, we know we are not quiet ready to fill our house with children. But this is our journey...



God blessed us with an amazing home before we got married. We have spent the first 8 months of our marriage arguing over paint colors and floor types. We are re-modeling! It is a fun, crazy, stressful, messy experience but it has brought Brad and I so close together. We love being able to work in our garden, ride around our land, and paint our walls. This is where God has us at this moment, and it is beautiful.

This is what we are working with. ;)

God has also blessed Brad and I with phenomenal jobs. Brad is an owner of an electronics recycling company (www.stsrecycle.com). He works so diligently and is making such a difference in the lives of his employees and the environment around him. I am blessed to have such a hard working man who wants to provide for me, and for our future family and gives all of the glory to the Lord for his success.

God laid a verse on my heart over a year ago and this is now my life verse. "Speak for those who can't speak for themselves, for the rights of the destitute" Proverbs 31:8. This is a beautiful reminder for me daily that as a Christian, I am called to care for those in need, specifically the orphaned and widowed. God is in the process currently of walking me through the plans for my career, and the call on my life for orphan care. I currently work for a wonderful private child placing agency as a foster care manager. I also come from a background of investigations with Child Protective Services. I have seen a lot of hurt, abuse, neglect and pain in these children, but I can say with all honesty, that I also saw Jesus holding every child.

So this is our story....we are preparing a table. Preparing a table literally by re-modeling our 1920's home. Preparing a table by praying for the careers God will guide us to in hopes of providing for our future family.
Preparing a table by spending time with our sweet Jesus and building a pure and meaningful
relationship with Him.
And preparing a table by answering the call of parenting through adoption and praying for the children God will entrust to us.  Yes, we want to have children "naturally" as well, but we want the focus to be on what God desires of us.

Just as God has adopted us, so we will answer the call to adopt the orphaned and to care for the fatherless. 

"And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me." Matthew 18:5

Our cup overflows with blessings that we are so unworthy of.  Please follow me as I document our life story.

In Love,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment