Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Keeping my #PalmsUp


"What is holding you back from going deeper in your relationship with God?" -Lysa Terkeurst

Often I catch myself roaming through my daily life without a specific direction. Aiming to complete tasks in a timely manner or to please those around me. But, it is in the quiet moments when I am alone with God that I truly realize that I am made for so much more. 
Have you ever had the urge to turn off the computer and your phone and just LISTEN? 

This is a revelation that has been begging me recently. I am a member of an online Bible study through Proverbs 31 ministries. Over 22,000 women across the globe are reading "What Happens When Women Say YES to God" by Lysa Terkeurst.


 It is one of the scariest things I have done in a long time.
Want to know why? Because listening to God and realizing that He may be asking you to do something way out of your comfort zone is terrifying. And on top of that, He expects us to say YES! 

Now, I am up for a challenge, God, but this is some very uncomfortable stuff You are asking of me!

I desire to dive into this beautiful and pure relationship with You, Lord, but if I am being honest, I am afraid.

I am afraid of the unknown.

I am afraid of what He may be asking me.

I am afraid of what it means for my life.

I am afraid that others in my life may not be on board.

I am afraid that I will fail Him.

Do you ever feel this way too? The desire to run and hide because of the fear that you may fail. Luckily, we can stand on this beautiful promise.
 "Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be discouraged, for I am Your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."
Isaiah 21:10

Yes, Lord! I hear You!

He also reminds us that He "has not given us a spirit of fearfulness but one of power, love and sound judgement."
2 Timothy 1:7

Okay, now I am listening. I am still shaky, and a little skeptical, but
 I say "Yes" to you Lord.

I am determined to continue working through my daily struggles of pursuing a deeper relationship with God, and allowing Him to take my fear. I surrender my worries to Him and I am praying that He will give me the desire to want to spend quality time with Him above all else. 

With Palms Up, I am asking for God to continue calling me to the things that are uncomfortable, the things that are unseen, and for the work of the Kingdom.

"I will bring praise! I will bring praise! No weapon formed against me shall remain. I will rejoice! I will declare! God is my victory and He is here!" - Hillsong United




In Love,
Casey






3 comments:

  1. Hi Casey! I'm so glad you have joined the OBS community and also linked your blog with our Blog Hop! I think your words echo what so many of us feel at times. I know for me personally it is kinda scary saying yes and not knowing exactly what that may look like. But I know His plans are always so much greater than ours and He works all things for the good of those who love Him! :) Thanks for sharing your words!! Blessings~Shelly (OBS Team Leader/Blog Hop Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I know that fear. Fear that I'm not good enough. Fear that I will fail. Fear of... everything! But I have to trust that God is not going to ask me to do anything without equipping me with everything I need to complete the task.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting, Sisters! I appreciate your insight and feedback. Saying a special prayer for you both!

    ReplyDelete